COUSINS SUBS® MAKE IT BETTER FOUNDATION AWARDS NEARLY $14,000 TO LOCAL NONPROFITS
Organizations Look to Address Vital Needs of Health & Wellness, Hunger and Youth Education
For media inquiries, please contact:
Kristen Tracy | PR Manager | 262-250-2802
MILWAUKEE (August 22, 2023) – Cousins Subs® announces seven organizations as recipients of a combined $13,650 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will help offset the cost of resources and programming that address the vital community needs of health and wellness, hunger and youth education.
"We are thrilled to support these deserving organizations through our Make It Better Foundation," said Justin McCoy, vice president of marketing at Cousins Subs. "By partnering with these nonprofits, we can collectively work towards creating a better future for our community."
The seven Make It Better Foundation grant recipients include:
• Chosen, Inc. – A $2,500 grant will help support the organization’s “EEE” program (Equip, Engage, Encourage) that aims to assist underserved youth with educational initiatives, therapeutic opportunities and community involvement.
• Crivitz Area Food Pantry – A $1,000 grant will help fund the pantry’s monthly food box distribution that provides individuals and families with enough food to last an entire month.
• Kingdom Workers – A $2,500 grant will help support the organization’s “Build Up: Mentoring Teens in Trades” program that provides teens the opportunity to gain experience in different trades – helping to fast-track them to promising careers.
• Neighborhood House Community Center – A $3,500 grant will help fund the organization’s food program that aims to reduce food insecurity and increase access to nutritional food.
• Penfield Children’s Center– A $900 grant will support the organization’s “Grow with Us Gardening Project,” aimed to introduce children to the numerous benefits of gardening for their physical, emotional, cognitive, environmental and social development.
• South Milwaukee Human Concerns – A $2,500 grant, generously donated through the foundation from long-time Cousins Subs franchisee, Tom Jones, will help fund and replenish the organization’s emergency food and clothing bank.
• Susan G. Komen – A $750 grant, generously donated through the foundation from long-time Cousins Subs franchisee, Elias Silva, will help support the organization’s breast cancer research efforts.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofits, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated more than $1 million to nearly 150 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
For more information on grant eligibility and how to apply for a Make It Better Foundation grant, interested nonprofit organizations can visit cousinssubs.com/foundation.
ABOUT THE MAKE IT BETTER FOUNDATION
Established in 2013, the Make It Better Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that aims to improve the general welfare and quality of life in the communities Cousins Subs serves. The foundation is dedicated to funding three areas of interest that are vital to any community: health and wellness, hunger and youth education. Since its inception, the Make It Better Foundation has awarded more than $1 million in grants and scholarships to students and nonprofit organizations throughout Wisconsin. For more information on the Make It Better Foundation, visit www.cousinssubs.com/foundation.
About Cousins Subs
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better – both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate nearly 100 sub sandwich shops throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs using only the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily. For more information, visit cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.